Procedures for Using Electronic Library Resources at the Higher School of Economics (excerpts)
Main terms and abbreviations:
- An electronic library resource ("ELR") - an online resource containing electronic publications which is available to HSE on the basis of an agreement with an ELR owner or another supplier.
- Authentication Data ("AD") is a unique set of data, consisting of a login and a password;
- Remote Access ("RA") - access to an ELR provided outside of HSE’s local network through the HSE Library’s proxy server via personal AD;
- Users - HSE students, doctoral students, postdoctoral students, learners, HSE Lyceum students, University employees and HSE Library visitors.
At the HSE Library users can get:
- full information on available ELR;
- advice on an ELR’s contents and relevant interfaces;
- explanations as to the terms and conditions of these Procedures;
- access an ELR in remote mode (except HSE visitors)
- personal AD;
- notifications on changes in their AD.
Users may not:
- give their login and password to other people
- make a copy of all materials (i.e., all articles in a journal issue, all chapters of an e-book or all search query results), or create large volumes of copied materials (including ELR contents) on electronic or printed media;
- use bots (i.e., programmes capable of performing automatic or scheduled actions similar to those of a user, including searches, opening or downloading materials from ELR websites);
- use an ELR and its contents for purposes outside of research, analysis, preparation of publications, articles and other materials (i.e., sale/resale of downloaded materials or deriving any other commercial benefits);
- make an ELR’s content publicly available on the Internet, in social media and on other websites without permission of the copyright holders and other ELR providers;
- send materials via e-mail, etc., to persons without access to HSE’s ELR.
Users may do the following, which shall not be considered a violation of this subparagraph:
- open, upload, print, save on hard drive / portable media selected journal articles and book chapters for personal use;
- make links to ELR websites publicly available on the Internet, in social media and on other websites; these links will allow other Internet users to open ELR materials if they have a subscription for a respective ELR;
- provide paper or electronic copies of ELR materials to other persons who are also authorized to use a given HSE ELR.
Procedure for Providing Remote Access to ELR:
- In order to be granted remote access to ELR, a user must familiarize his/herself with these Procedures and accept of all their terms and conditions.
- obtain a library card;
- maintain valid subscription at the HSE Library (i.e., pass re-registration in due time and have no overdue items in all collections);
- fill in an online form at: http://library.hse.ru/e-resources/ez/appl_form_eng.htm;
- receive an AD assigned by the HSE Library to the e-mail;
- HSE employees shall receive AD via their corporate e-mail. For all other categories of users, AD is sent to the e-mail address specified during registration at the HSE Library. The latter may be changed, provided that the user personally visits the Library's Information Systems and Electronic Resources Unit and shows his/her ID and library card.
The HSE Library shall restrict remote access to ELR in the following cases:
- if an employee/student is dismissed from HSE;
- if a user violates the terms and conditions of these Procedures.
Procedures for Using Electronic Library Resources at the HSE — Full_text.doc
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.